Query re: Running live CD

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 04:21:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 21:05, Winton Vandepeer
<squareyes at harboursat.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
> machine is a Satellite Pro, not my machine.
>
> I am running 9.10, but don't have CD, been updating from net. Have Ubuntu
> CD's from Warty forward to
> 8.04, and can't download 10.04, have used my allowance on satellite,
>  and am now being "shaped" which is about a third of dial up speed.

Ugh... sorry dude... that's why I avoided dialup and just took my
laptop to local coffee shops or used friends who had cable internet...

If you're in the US, I can burn a couple disks and send them via
snail-mail to you... if you're not in the US, I can if you'll pay
postage (though it'd be cheaper if you can find someone in your own
country who can send one to you locally...

If so, you could try looking up your local LoCo here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeams?action=show&redirect=LoCo

You may find one local to you that can help get you media as well.

Also, you can buy one directly from Ubuntu and there are plenty of
places on the net that will sell you one for 5 - 10 dollars (USD).

Cheers

Jeff