DEB installs into home folder

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Mon Apr 19 09:08:51 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I have two questions about deploying our application which actually is
installed  over shell script and TAR file, but we want to create a DEB
package which installs into user's home directory.

1. Is it possible to install DEB package into user's home?
2. Is is possible to ask for directory in user's home to be installed?

Thanks.

PS:  I  know  that  many  of  you  will  suggest  not  to  install any
application into user's home, but we want it, because that application
is  installed  that way for years and there is no need to install into
into any "public" location.

--
Best regards, TRoland
http://www.rotursoft.sk