How to recover deleted files

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Mon Apr 19 09:00:02 UTC 2010

Hi Vijay,

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Vijay Shanker Dubey
<vijay.shad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did not find any thing back.
Well, these things happen and frustrating, especially when it is a user error.

> Very frustrating. Not a good way to delete any thing. At least confirm once.
> What ever the thing you are deleting.
> Have been enjoying UBUNTU for last 8 months. Now i have to think over again.
> These usability is what windows provides and rocks with more than 95% of OS
> market.
Windows will merrily delete stuff from your disk if you do a stupid
thing. Don't blame the tool for a user error.

Nevertheless, I really wonder who told you deleting something means
unmounting. You don't delete a drive on Windows when you want to
remove it.