Any luckyBackup users?

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sun Apr 18 18:35:27 UTC 2010

I am using luckyBackup 0.3.3 on Ubuntu 9.10.  About a month ago I used
luckyBackup for the first time to completely backup my Ubuntu machine to
a SimpleTech externally attached USB drive.  I had been using it on XP
with ghost for backups.  I created some room and formatted a new
partition ext4 for Ubuntu to use.

All went well and I tested a couple of files to make sure I could access
them.  Today I wanted to make another backup. I turned on the drive and
it showed up as mounted on the desktop.  I then started luckyBackup
(superuser) and got the following warning:

Last execution time: not available
status: CRITICAL
Destination directory:
/media/a8c0c14d-d68b-41ea-954e-0a7ed89d375a/ubuntu64_bak/  (Note: this
is correct)
is empty or does not exist.
This task will not be skipped
The Destination Directory will be created if it doesn't exist and filled
with new backup data.

This is not true it is mounted and I tested it by opening a text file on
it with gedit. One other oddity is the first time I opened LB the Last
execution time was shown as Mar 14, 2010.

Trying to troubleshoot this I opened the profile that I saved and
noticed that /media/... was not excluded.  The manual says it should be
if you are using / as the source, which I am.  I think this was because
the first time I used it I forgot to exclude /media and it warned me so
I excluded it but forgot to save the profile again. I thought this might
be the problem so I corrected it, but it did not help.

I wonder if any luckyBackup users could help me out.

Thanks,  Jim