How to recover deleted files

steve reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sun Apr 18 17:27:19 UTC 2010

Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 04/18/2010 10:03 AM, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
>> Karl,
>> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>>      In Linux, when you use rm -r it deletes the whole tree including
>>> all files. When you delete a Linux file it is gone.
>>>
>> As usual, not true. It's not easy but not completely impossible.
>>
>> Sample: http://code.google.com/p/ext3grep/
>>

>      Have YOU ever been able to save anything YOU deleted by accident? I
> have tried and nothing I found would work. Why send this this guy back
> on a hunt that will fail?
>
> 73 Karl

http://ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/

more specifically, the photorec package contained on the cd. (autposy is
pretty sharp as well) have used this on dozens of machines successfully.
windows or linux.  I would hate to think what would happen if I told a
customer I couldnt recover data they accidently deleted or from a failed
drive.  good luck.

steve