Cricket wireless broadband USB modem

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 17:12:09 UTC 2010

On 04/18/2010 10:21 AM, Chuck Kuecker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone used the Cricket wireless broadband service with Ubuntu, or
> any Linux variant successfully?
>
> I am working on an embedded Linux project that would be much nicer with
> broadband Internet access.
>
> Chuck Kuecker

         I googled Cricket and it is the same as Verizon has been
selling for some time. I gather since Cricket pays to use any cellphone
towers a user uses, they will also pay for the Internet used and that is
why the Cricket device costs $40.00 a month.

     I have not tried a USB port Internet device on Linux and can't talk
to that part. But it seems to work well on Windows.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User