Configuring PHP with Apache2

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 17 01:26:47 UTC 2010

On 04/15/2010 09:58 PM, Ray Parrish wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>>> Found this:
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/13PermissionDenied
>>> <quote>
>>> DO NOT set files or directories to mode 777, even "just to test", even
>>> if "it's just a test server". The purpose of a test server is to get
>>> things right in a safe environment, not to get away with doing it wrong.
>>> </quote>
>>>

>> Sorry I was a little quick on the 'Send' button. Meant to include these:
>>
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/serverguide/C/index.html
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/serverguide/C/serverguide.pdf
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP
>>
> OK, I read the links you included, and did the things that were
> recommended, however, I am still getting the 403 error. Here is some
> command output -

Can't help beyond that as I've never tried to create/run a php script on
my test server. However, perhaps installing:

$ sudo apt-get install mysql-admin phpmyadmin

will help if you've not done this already. Then from a browser (can be
from a remote if you sub 'localhost' with <ipaddress>):

http://localhost/phpmyadmin

from there you can use phpmyadmin to check?
Note: on my basic test 8.04 lamp system that I just brought up I've not
configured any users yet, so username is still 'root'. So if you have
issues logging in, try that as the default.

Also see:
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/docs.php