What is the best pdf editor for ubuntu?

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Fri Apr 16 19:51:42 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 16/04/2010 21:33, Christoph Bier wrote:

>> Also, but that I'm not sure, acrobat format is not open, neither the
>> software.
>>
> PDF is an open format and an ISO standard.

Which, in any case, has no link to the original question. :) MS Office
DOC format is not open. OpenOffice.org is a very good tool to edit it.
>> acrobat reader is free, editor is not.
>>
> You don't have to pay for Adobe Reader but it's not free.

Yes it is. The cost is ZERO. In the webster dictionnary, that qualifies
as "free".

Of course, you are playing on words here and you forgot (voluntarily) to
specify "free as in speech".

Acrobat Reader is free, as in free beer. Not as in free speech.

I'm pretty sure the original comment "acrobat reader is free, editor is
not" had, as an implied meaning, "free as in beer". Or else the original
poster of that sentense would have (just as you should) claimed "it is
not free - as in free speech". If you want people to be accurate, please
be as well.

Gilles.