screen dimensions

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 18:45:56 UTC 2010

I think I would try xrandr command
$ xrandr

Then configure the monitor section on my xorg.conf
$ man xorg.conf
DisplaySize  width height
              This optional entry gives the width and height, in
millimetres, of the picture area of  the  monitor.
              If given this is used to calculate the horizontal and vertical
pitch (DPI) of the screen.

If the problem is that you don't see the bottom of the image, you could move
both panels to the top of the screen.
Just don't know how can you do it, if you don't see it.

Regards
Luis