What is the best pdf editor for ubuntu?

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:09:28 UTC 2010

> I don't have the source of the pdf at the moment and i need to do some
> minor spelling mistakes and to change the front cover.
>
> thank you.
>
> That's what you expect from a PDF editor?

Some may disagree. I think PDF is a postscript compressed format designed to
publish documents on the internet so that they can't be easily altered.

Also, but that I'm not sure, acrobat format is not open, neither the
software.
acrobat reader is free, editor is not.

Having that on mind, even supposing that the pdf in question has no security
active, you don't need a linux pdf editor, you need a pdf "cracker"

The "safe" path is to change the source, or convert the pdf to an editable
format.
Having the source, creating the pdf is not difficult, as I guess you know.

poppler-utils will give some tools to convert pdf to known editable formats
(txt, html,ps), but I don't think that's what you want.