Terminal window

Johnneylee Rollins johnneylee.rollins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:29:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 16 April 2010 16:03, Ioannis Vranos <cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr> wrote:

>>> I believe that this should be "--maximize".
>>>
>>> I used this and now I get a maximised screen.
>>

>> I just tested both. --maximize starts the terminal maximized, while
>> --full-screen starts the terminal in full screen (the window title area
>> is not visible).
>
> Just for completeness you can also use, for example,
> gnome-terminal --geometry 120x45
> to get a particular size window.

Seeing as you've got a lot of choices you can use, only some are
relevant :(, you can also use devilspie and make a profile for your
gnome-terminal and use gdevilspie rules to make that window
fullscreen, undecorated and many other options. If you need some help,
there is also gdevilspie (http://code.google.com/p/gdevilspie/).

Regards,
~SpaceGhost