Terminal window

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 14:55:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 17/04/10 00:28, Liam Proven wrote:

>>> Nope, not normal mode with all Linuxes. I come from openSUSE and this
>>> does not happen there. The font is equivalent to size 10 of the DeJavu
>>> Sans Mono font. A line of output from, say, ps aux is fully readable
>>> across the screen.
>>>
>> I used to use SuSE and OpenSuSE, on several machines, and it's
>> *exactly* what it did for me.
>
> Hmmm, not for me. I always had a readable screen.

I find it perfectly readable, myself. Better than a terminal with
small fonts that with 1-pixel-thick strokes.

> Ah, I always used KDE and never Gnome. Perhaps this explains it.

I don't think the desktop in use has any connection to the vconsoles!

>> With this new grub2 setup, where do you set this parameter, any idea?
>>
>> I think it involves editing /etc/default/grub. Make a copy before you
>> do it and exercise *great* caution!
>>

> OK, thanks, I'll try it out tomorrow (or so).

I just did. Managed to set 1024x768 (the physical screen res of my
laptop LCD) with no problems. I've not got a graphical boot image
working yet, though.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508