Terminal window

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 11:27:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I stuffed up my earlier post by asking about Midnight Commander and not
> about the Terminal I normally open it in because the Terminal and mc are
> almost synonymous to me in the way I use both.
>
> My intended question was: how do I make the *TERMINAL* open in full
> screen mode and not as a small window (and then having to enlarge it)?
> Whatever I have tried so far (click-drag to full page, maximising) is
> ineffective and it always opens as a small window.
>
> Anyone know how to make it behave? (Or is another one of those
> ALT-something thingies..... :-) )

Leave it the size you want it when you shut down. It should remember
and reopen that size next time.

Or, just press Ctrl-Alt-1 to 6 and use the real text console.

> I don't like water because of the things fish do in it.
>
>                                          W C Fields

If you're going to claim to quote someone, don't bowdlerise the quote!
That's butchered and it's a travesty. Fields *actually* said: "I never
drink water; fish fuck in it" - which is far more amusing, not to
mention pithier by far.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508