sleep mode

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 15 17:51:05 UTC 2010

On 04/15/2010 09:56 AM, zongo saiba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up my unit Ubuntu 9.10 to go to sleep after 5 minutes when
> inactive. I have a notebook and want to maximize ny battery life. When I
> use skype with video (or just voip calls), my unit still goes to sleep
> after 5 minutes not detecting the fact that it is being used.
> Anyone has any idea on how to make sure that the OS actually picks yp
> the unit being in use and not putting it to sleep ?
>
> Kind Regards,

I'm not sure you can without moving the mouse, hitting a shift key
occasionally or such. However I recall a thread where the issue was the
screen going to sleep while playing a DVD movie. This might be of interest:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/136609
[Put display not to sleep]
Full thread:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/136516

You might try adjusting some of the time setting in
/apps/gnome-power-manager.