An interesting behaviour in Lucid.....

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Thu Apr 15 13:09:59 UTC 2010

15.04.2010 14:45, Basil Chupin:

> When I tried to execute the apps. I had to *double-click* on the icon(s)
> (while they were on the Desktop).
>
> However, when the apps. were sitting in the Panel, a *single-click*
> would execute the selected program.

That's default behaviour.

> And I cannot see anywhere where there is the ability to set the choice
> of using either a single- or a double-click to start a program. (I
> always use a single click but I know of many people who prefer to
> double-click to open the application.)

Since, in default Gnome, the desktop is nothing else but a special
nautilus "window", the settings made for the file browser windows also
apply to the desktop.
In a file browser window, open Edit/Preferences/Behaviour and set the
single/double click option to your liking.

--
Regards
  mks