Which dot-matrix printer will work on my Ubuntu 9.10 machine - Old Hardware Warning

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 15 12:23:30 UTC 2010

On 15/04/10 21:57, Ian Coetzee wrote:

> Looking at this page
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsPrintersOki
>
> It seems a wee bit outdated *shrugs*

Does look that way.

I just looked at the printer setup in Lucid and the following OKIs have
drivers - maybe one of them will suit you:

Microline 182, 192+, 600CL, 620CL, IBM Compatible 9-pin; and ML 320,
321, 380.

Also the Epson LQ-500.

Quite often the driver for a closely numbered printer to the one one has
will work. For example, my printer is an HP 8450 Photosmart but the HP
8400 driver works perfectly with the printer.

BC