Lucid Beta2

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 15 09:08:10 UTC 2010

Cannot say it often enough about how impressed I am with Lucid. Lovely
stuff.

But I do have a couple of questions to do with midnight commander, and
hope that someone has the answer.

I use mc (midnight commander) as my preferred file manager. - been using
it for years. Under Ubuntu it has me stumped about how to keep the darn
thing open in full screen and not open in that small window (which you
then have to double click on or press F10 to make it go full screen)?

And the second question is: in mc F10 is (one way) how one QUITS
midnight commander. But pressing the F10 key only brings up a drop-down
menu in the top-left corner. The only way that "F10" works is if one
uses the mouse to click on the F10 "button" at the bottom-right of mc.
How can one reconfigure mc or whatever (and it is NOT the keyboard
shortcuts) so that F10 key on the keyboard works as it is designed to work?

BC