Which dot-matrix printer will work on my Ubuntu 9.10 machine - Old Hardware Warning

Ian Coetzee ubuntu at iancoetzee.za.net
Thu Apr 15 08:55:14 UTC 2010

Hi guys, this might seem like a strange question, but here it goes
(warning this message is not for the feint of heart).

I have an option to aquire one of the folowing dot-matrix printer,
however I have been unable to find out whether any of them works on
ubuntu (my Epson LQ-400 did not work :( )

    * Oki Microline 590 Elite
    * Oki Microline 5590
    * Oki Microline 390FB

I have done some googling and tried looking at openprinting.

In google I got to the OKI website and could not see whether they might
work on linux.

On openprinting not one of them is mentioned.

Now my question is, does any of you have experience with any of the
printers I mentioned above?

Regards
Ian