How to make right alt just works as left alt

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Wed Apr 14 16:14:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 08:59:56AM +0800, Xiaobo Zhu wrote:
> I'd like to make my right alt key work just like left alt key under tty, any suggestions?

Try 'sudo loadkeys us' in the tty, or use any other layout you like that
has right-alt do what you want.

If you want to make this permanent, look for config files under /etc.

> Many thanks!
>
> My computer is with debian 504(stable).

Why are you asking on a Ubuntu list then?

Debian 5.0.4 (lenny) uses files under /etc/console-tools/, I think.  Try
'man install-keymap'.

Marius Gedminas
--
Please don't put a strain on our friendship
by asking me to do something for you.