S video TV display

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 00:27:30 UTC 2010

Ugur Arpaci said the following on 04/13/2010 01:06 PM:
> Hello;
> I am having trouble when i try to obtain display on my TV. I need
> information to fix S video connection. I have geforce fx 5500 graphic card.

I have a different card, so may not apply to your fx5500.

On my geforce go 7300, I successfully used "nvidia-settings" to set up
the display on the S-video.  However, my tv is 1920x1080, and the
S-video displayed only 1024x768.  I wanted to fill the screen.  After
much googling, it turns out that I had to get an rgb "vga" (male-male)
cable to connect to the tv to be able to get the full widescreen
resolution.  I'm not sure if the problem is in the nvidia card end or
the tv end, but It works fine with the vga cable.  I paid less than $30
for a 25' cable at Newegg.

hth,