Password Recovery from stolen hard drive

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Wed Apr 14 00:19:35 UTC 2010

Maxime Alarie wrote:
> Sorry I did not test the  script..  This one works: wget -q -O -
> checkip.dyndns.org|sed -e 's/.*Current IP Address: //' -e 's/<.*$//'
>

> Source:  Same. Just a couple comments down:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-526176.html

Uh... no it doesn't... See below -

ray at RaysComputer:~$ wget -q -O -checkip.dyndns.org|sed -e 's/.*Current
IP Address: //' -e 's/<.*$//'
wget: missing URL
Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...

Try `wget --help' for more options.
ray at RaysComputer:~$ wget -q -O checkip.dyndns.org|sed -e 's/.*Current IP
Address: //' -e 's/<.*$//'
wget: missing URL
Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...

I tried it with, and without the dash in front of the domain name.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Linux dpkg Software Report script set..
http://www.rayslinks.com/LinuxdpkgSoftwareReport.html