Lucid 10.04 report

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 18:20:35 UTC 2010

         This moning at 7AM on April 13 my updates were odd. I did
"update" and got nothing from any source. But when I did "upgrade" I am
getting a lot of files to upgrade the language files and right now I am
getting a new kernel linux-image-2.6.32-20-generic which appears to have
been fixed. I will see how well it works when I reboot. This morning all
the upgrades are from "lucid-main" server. Even got an update to
"update-manager" after the kernel.

         After the update and a reboot into the new kernel I can't see a
blank cd-rom as before. In fact I see nothing except the system is
running fine with the new kernel. On my laptop it had a lot more updates
and got done fine.

         The laptop was fine after the reboot and for some reason it
still is able to react to a blank cd-rom. It has never had that problem
but this computer did stop reacting to a blank cd-rom.

         In summary both computers are using the new kernel and doing fine.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User