home server

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 01:23:29 UTC 2010

Ugur,

"Terminal Server Client or SSH to create and transfer files from my
computer..."

Is your computer windows or linux?

Terminal Server Client
 tsclient is a GNOME program for remotely accessing Microsoft Windows
NT/2000
 Terminal Services and XP Remote Desktop Sharing as implemented by the
Remote
 Desktop Protocol (RDP). Using the rdesktop program as a backend, tsclient
 allows users to access and view their desktops as stored on remote Windows
 NT/2000/XP servers.
 .
 Some of tsclient's features include:
   * A GNOME panel applet to quickly launch saved RDP files
   * Support for RDPv5 and rdesktop-1.3 arguments
   * Reading .rdp files in the MS Unicode format
   * Writing .rdp files in ASCII (for compatibility with the MS client)
   * A "RDP picker" which lists .rdp files in ~/.tsclient/ and launches
     rdesktop from the rdp file when selected
 .
 tsclient also supports: <- *read, also linux* :)
   * VNC clients (*vncviewer)
   * Citrix ICA client
   * X via Xnest
----
Not the ideal thing for sharing files, although there's an option to share
local disk.
Never tried.

NFS, sure. Not for windows, I think. But it can be done, microsoft says.

samba, for windows?

Never used sshfs, but the idea seems good to me.

Also never tried to set a rsync server (I think you have to install a server
to use server-name:), but I've use it before as client (with fedora
repositories), and it was a good solution

ftp, and plain *scp command*, of course

Why did I gather this from above? And wrote windows 3 times. 4, that is, and
microsof once? - Sorry.

To say another approach could be a a revision
control<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_control>system. Other
solutions are simpler to implement, but a revision control has
its advantages.
I'm using subversion, and i'm a bit new to it. Take it as is. :)

It all depends on what you need, right? security, speed, easy, revison
control. hehehe

Regards
Luis