Screen Saver Bug # 560298

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:49:16 UTC 2010

On 04/12/2010 08:29 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:23:42 -0600
> Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>>   Well it appears the REAL problem was the need to provide a
>> password every 5 minutes.
>>
> You do know that it doesn't happen if you are actually /using/ your
> computer, don't you?  I can't imagine five whole long minutes of
> inactivity sitting in front of the screen.  I'd have to get up and go
> outside, read a book, interact with the family or something in all that
> intervening time.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

         I just fired up my laptop to answer another question on the
list. It has already been 5 minutes since I did anything. With the
screen saver at 5 minutes it would have dropped out. Then I would come
back to it and bring up the darn password panel!  While working on it
this computer, if it had the same setup would drop out. It is for me a
bad idea.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI