Lucid Beta2 and your laptop

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:08:43 UTC 2010

On 04/10/2010 10:59 AM, Johnneylee Rollins wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>>      I tried to get the .iso for Lucid Beta2 on the laptop and that
>> worked perfect. Then I apt-get k3b and tried to make a cd-rom. All cd's
>> made on the laptop were bad. So I did the same on this computer and got
>> a good cd the first try.
>>
>>      It loaded just fine with zero problems and I had a happy experience
>> when I brought it up. It has wicd instead of network manager and it
>> found my wifi, and many near by sources. Gave it my password and it
>> connected right away.
>>
>>      My laptop is an older HP with an Intel processor and Vista Windows
>> installed.
>>
> That's awesome Karl, did you have any support issues we could help you out with?
>
> You might want to check out gloobus-preview, it's rather nifty.
>
> ~SpaceGhost

     As a matter of fact I did something that is causing me huge
permissions problems on the laptop Luci. It is now dropping to the login
screen every 5 minutes! I know there is a file to delete that will let
me start over, but forget which it is.

     I seem to always have trouble with this!

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User