Gnome borked after recent Lucid updates

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 10 03:05:35 UTC 2010

On 10/04/10 03:41, Liam Proven wrote:

>> Errrrrrm, thank you, Liam.
>>
>> I'm totally aware of what this is. I'm not a noob. I happen to be a linux
>> user of 10 years.
>>
> Good for you. I'd been using it for 4 then, and Unix for a decade
> before that. Your point is?

The point is.....

> And FWIW, posting with such a childish pseudonym makes *me* think
> "gods, another n00b". I can't speak for anyone else, but "Ants Pants"
> as a username does not make me think "mature, sensible user with a
> grievance", it strongly suggests "11Y old who is playing about". Which
> is fine, but is what prompted the tone of my reply.

...that responses like yours is what makes Linux a pain-in-the-arse to
get involved in: a condescending and impolite response from someone who
thinks he is so clever and that the OP is a - in your own words -
"another n00b". And stating "with such a childish pseudonym" - what
gives you the air of superiority to state this to a person?

If you aren't able to provide a sensible and a mature response to a post
in this, or any, list then simply do NOT reply. If you cannot provide an
actual polite response, keep your mouth shut.

This type of behaviour has been mentioned time and time again in other
lists I participate in, and people new to Linux are turned off by it and
new operating system and being weaned off M$ without having to put up
with put-downs from people like you.

BC