Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 LTS 64 bit Beta 2 keyboard doesn't respond.

Nataraj incoming-ubuntu at rjl.com
Fri Apr 9 19:05:49 UTC 2010

Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 06:52 AM, Cassius V. de Magalhaes wrote:

>>>           The 10.04 can't find your keyboard. While you were loading
>>> 10.04 from the LiveCD you used your keyboard. Did it work ok?
>>>
>>> 73 Karl
>>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> It's the first time this issue happens since VMware Workstation 5.0,
>> and since Red Hat 9, SuSE 7.0 and Conectiva 9.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>          I have never done this so I really can't help you.
>

> 73 Karl

There is definitely a problem with the beta2 desktop (gnome) running
under vmware.   (I had the same problem under beta1)   GDM does not
accept input from the keyboard in the password box.   I also tried
switching to another virtual console using ctrl-alt-space [F1 .. F10]
and that didn't work either (note, ctrl-alt-space F1 is how you send
ctrl-alt-f1 to a vmware guest).    I also tried disabling vmware tools
and that didn't help either, so something is broken here.  I even
upgraded from Vmware 6.5 to 7.0 and that didn't help either.  (vmware is
running under Fedora 10).

Nataraj