Login Panel

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 9 16:12:08 UTC 2010

On 04/09/2010 05:51 AM, Richard Barmann wrote:
> While opening the Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2 to see before install as I have
> the choice with the iso I burned, I am asked for a password. None that I
> have ever used will work. I tried different combinations of Usernames
> and peasswords. I downloaded and burned another iso in case it was a
> error. Same result. In all the other downloads of Alphas or Betas that I
> have done I have never been asked for a uername & password until I do
> the permanent install. What am I doing wrong. I got my file from
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04/

Normally it shouldn't happen. But when it does:
<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&source=hp&q=ubuntu+%2Blivecd+asking+for+password&btnG=Google+Search>

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD
[Logging in]

If that doesn't work, I seem to recall in older versions the username
was 'ubuntu' and password was blank.