Pentax Optio A30 Camera

Pastor JW rev.olson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:57:53 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 2:15:51 pm Mark C. Miller wrote:
> I am trying to pull the pictures off my Pentax Optio A30.  When I connect
> via the usb cable to my Ubuntu 9.10 system, the camera is not recognized.
>
> When I connect to my Windows machine, the cmaera is recognized, and I can
> maneuver through the directories to get to the photos.  I am not using
> the Pentax-provided software on the Windows side; just looking at the
> camera as a storage device.
>
> Any ideas as to why the Ubuntu system will not recognize the camera?
> I've tested the the usb cable and the usb port and both work properly
> with other devices.

I don't know, digiKam has recognized every camera I have hooked up to it with
no trouble at all.  Most here however are Canon, Sony, Samsung, and Minolta.
Unless the USB is non standard for some reason it ought to work "out of the
box".

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403