Mounting a Pentax Optio A30 Still Camera

Mark C. Miller mr.mcmiller at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:48:52 UTC 2010

I am trying to pull the pictures off my Pentax Optio A30.  When I connect
via the usb cable to my Ubuntu 9.10 system, the camera is not recognized.

When I connect to my Windows machine, the camera is recognized, and I can
maneuver through the directories to get to the photos.  I am not using
the Pentax-provided software on the Windows side; just looking at the
camera as a storage device.

Any ideas as to why the Ubuntu system will not recognize the camera?
I've tested the the usb cable and the usb port and both work properly
with other devices.

Thoughts/solutions appreciated.