Panel applets are gone

Fred Roller fred at fwrgallery.com
Thu Apr 8 12:54:21 UTC 2010

On 04/08/2010 08:41 AM, Mariano Jara Melagrani wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> The Volume Control and Network Connection applets suddenly dissapeared
> from my top panel. Why? And how can i restore them back?
>
> My box:
> Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) 32 bit
> Kernel Linux 2.6.31-20-generic
> Gnome 2.28.1
>
> TIA

Where they were is there three vertical dots (or similar) if not then
your notification applet may have been removed.

     right click panel --> Add to Panel...
     scroll down to "Notification Area" applet
     click applet --> Add

This should restore...

If not let us know and anything else, in detail, that you have tried.
Hope this helps.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."