Touchpad stoped scrolling after update in 10.04

Fred Roller fred at fwrgallery.com
Thu Apr 8 02:35:33 UTC 2010

On 04/07/2010 09:25 PM, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Sony Vaio VPCF11FB laptop. Until recently, its touchpad was
> detected as if it was a mouse, but it worked all right. I just could not
> configure the synaptic related features.
> However, after the upgrade to beta 1, the touchpad is now recognized as
> an ALPS touchpad, but scrolling stopped working. Any idea on how I can
> make scrolling work again?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

Have you looked in:

     System --> Preferences --> Mouse
     click "Touchpad" tab

see if "Edge Scrolling" is checked.  If the OS is recognizing it as a
touchpad these options should not be grayed out.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."