Ubuntu 10.04 BETA1 (Lucid)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 7 23:28:54 UTC 2010

On 04/07/2010 04:10 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 04/07/2010 03:40 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>> Told ya so! ;) The strange part of this is, that I'd tried various
>>> themes days ago,
>>> hoping one of the would work correctly, but none did. It was because I
>>> brought
>>> up the box and didn't have any icons that I tried that and it worked.
>>> Makes me
>>> wonder if the devs. have changed the code so the icons are back where they
>>> belong.
>>>
>>> Fred
>>>

>> I haven't checked this out but I am wondering if it has something to do
>> with Customise>Window Borders rather than simply chosing the theme on
>> the main menu and leaving it at that.
>>

> Well, here's what I discovered today. I has NOTHING to do with specific
> option in
> the "Customize" section. What seems to happen is IF you change ANYTHING
> using
> an option in that section, then the icons will appear on the right where
> they should
> be. At 0400 this morning, I was messing with a clients laptop, and old
> Dell and he
> wants to play with the beta, so I had it installed. All I did was change
> the pointer
> and the icons moved to the right.
>
> So, I don't know of this is intended by the devs. or is an "accident"
> but it works!
>
> Fred

Must be an accident. I had my buttons set to the right (using
gconf-editor) in Ambiance theme, click & change to Clearlooks & buttons
are to the right, change back to Ambiance & they now revert to the left
(close, minimize, expand), change back to Clearlooks & they are on the
right again, back to Ambiance & on the left again.

Thanks Fred, now I have to go back and modify Ambiance again in
gconf-editor... :-(