Sound icon

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:42:23 UTC 2010

     I do have the alsa mixer in my Lucid but when I try to turn it on I
get this:

arl at Lucid:~$ sudo alsa reload
[sudo] password for karl:
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system
/home/karl/.gvfs
       Output information may be incomplete.
/sbin/alsa: Warning: Processes using sound devices: 1317(pulseaudio).
Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-hda-codec-atihdmi
snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm-oss
snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi
snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc
(failed: modules still loaded: snd-hda-codec-atihdmi
snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm
snd-timer snd-page-alloc).
snd-hda-codec-realtek snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm-oss
snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-seq-dummy snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi
snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-timer snd-seq-device snd-page-alloc.
karl at Lucid:~$

     This is too complex for me to understand. Perhaps this will help
someone.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI