Disclaimer [was: Classic Mode on 9.10]

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Wed Apr 7 07:38:32 UTC 2010

On Tue, April 6, 2010 18:14, Franklin S Werren wrote:

> Confidentiality Note:  This email and any attachments are confidential and
> may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and
> remove the email and any attachments from your system without storing,
> disclosing or copying all, or any part of it. The content of this email
> and attachments may contain data that falls within the scope of the Data
> Protection Act 1998. The unauthorized opening, use, recording, disclosure,
> copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden under the Data
> Protection Act 1998.

Hi Frank,

Isn't it a bit silly, such a huge disclaimer? How can any mail be
confidential when you send it to a public mailing list?

I assume that it is automagically added by the mailserver of your
employer. Perhaps you should use a different email address and a different
email server for emails that aren't work related? That's how I do it. If
you can't do that, please tell us why, then maybe we can help you.

--
Amedee