Choosing a mirror. Was: Re: Ubuntu 10.04 BETA1 (Lucid)

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 6 15:29:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:05:20 +0100
Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:

> In Update Manager click Settings and on the Ubuntu Software tab you
> can choose one near you.

My experience is to pick one just going into the middle of the night.
Most mirrors slow down after folks go to bed and give you better speed.
Since I am generally at the computer in the mid-morning (near St.
Louis, MO. USA) an OZian mirror works well for me.

Of course, YMMV, but it Just Works for me.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs