Ubuntu 10.04 BETA1 (Lucid)

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Tue Apr 6 10:42:16 UTC 2010

Hi Basil,

Basil Chupin schrieb:
> On 06/04/10 17:08, Fred A. Miller wrote:
[snip]

>> 'Wouldn't think so. I haven't run Ubuntu for that long, but at no time
>> have I noted any of the servers being that slow.
>>
>> Fred
>>

> As far as I am concerned, they *ARE* slow :-( . I get thruout of around
> 17Kbs/s or less. If I get up to 50+Kbs/s I am laughing.
>
> BC
>

> BC

You might want to consider contributing bandwith to the ubuntu project:

http://www.camrdale.org/apt-p2p/
http://wiki.debian.org/DebTorrent

if you have several ubuntu machines running in you network you can use
apt-cacher-ng to speed up your updates and relieve the official ubuntu
servers.

Franz (who uses apt-cacher-ng)