nVidia

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Apr 5 23:14:42 UTC 2010

On 04/05/2010 07:17 AM, Fred Roller wrote:
> On 04/04/2010 10:41 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>
>> As a followup on nVidia problems, I finally was able to get to a
>> terminal without X being loaded and ran the nVidia installer. It won't
>> compile the module because of a compiler difference. I'm using Ubuntu
>> 10.04 beta 1 and the video is a GeForce 6150 LE.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Fred
>>

> Can you get back to a basic config?  If so, then you could try, if you
> haven't already, going to:
>
>       http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us
>
> If you need to use another system then you can just enter the specific
> info for your system.

I did that yesterday. That's what I wrote about. The driver from the nVidia
site WON'T compile. The error is that the module nvidia.z0, if I remember
correctly, was compiled with a different compiler. UNfortunately, this
doesn't
mean anything to me....I'm not a code jockey. ;)

Fred

--
A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA! 'Time to put Nana Pelosi in a home!'