Ubuntu 9.10 Hangs Frequently

I Am Me theunknownandrew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:51:34 UTC 2010

/**
* Replying to Re: Ubuntu 9.10 Hangs Frequently
* from MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali at gmail.com> sent on Sunday 04 Apr 2010 @ 6:34:09 am
*/

> Somehow even ater following your instructions, I am unable to upgrade the
> kernel. the uname -a command still gives the old kernel.
>
> Linux blackhole 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:05:01 UTC
> 2009
>
> and my machine hangs more frequently now.
>
> Mir

In this case I suggest you install Adept "sudo aptitude install adept" and then launch it from Kick-Off and upgrade your
packages from there.it usually installs the packages that are rebellious !!

Hope this helps

--
,gM""bg   I am me and will always be