Grub 2 information

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 18:42:54 UTC 2010

     I have done more reading and in particular the grub 2 Tutorial. I
was interested that this paper recommends people stay with grub 1 and
indicate only Ubuntu of the Linux types make grub 2 the default grub.
The Tutorial misses my experience with booting another item than item 0,
and removing kernel lines in /boot/grub/grub.cfg using the Synpatic
Package Manager.

      I also want to thank the many who have helped with this problem. I
cannot do these things because there are no instructions anywhere.

     Finally the Tutorial ended by saying if you have a choice between
using grub 1 or grub 2 choose grub 1. Too bad we using Ubuntu Lucid have
no choice. Slowly I will have a good paper on using grub 2 with specific
examples which are missing in the current documents. This paper I will
send to people which have similar problems. There should be many...

73 Karl