Mounting partitions

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:37:31 UTC 2010

alan
A bit off subject, but as I think you already have your answers, I hope no
one minds

>From times to times I take a look at this document
Filesystem Hierarchy Standard <http://www.pathname.com/fhs/>
and try to figure where to put something new on the tree - and many times I
can't find a stright solution :)

I guess /var seems to be the right place for vm files (its variable data)
For example, libvirt stores its vm's on /var/lib/libvirt/

Not very important, I could agree, but you may consider mounting your
partition on something like /var/virtual

Regards
Luis