Upstart problem - apache, ssh daemon not running

Luis Paulo luis.barbas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 15:40:51 UTC 2010

Great shot, Marius.

I would never thought of a non woking loopback, but it surely fits the
symptoms

I did a few experiences here.
if I remove auto lo from /etc/network/interfaces I get

> ifconfig
no lo is listed

> ping 127.0.0.1
no response

WTF, never - reallly - thought of it :) And I edit the file often to set my
bridges (VM's)

Hope that solves Carsten's problem