Ubuntu 9.10 Hangs Frequently

MirJafar Ali mirjafarali at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 16:15:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 5:42 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 03/31/2010 01:00 PM, MirJafar Ali wrote:

> >> Yes. Do the instuctions in the order that I gave them to you and then
> >> repeat them.
>
> > I tried many times, but no status changed and I still get system hanged
> as
> > usual. I don't know what
> > should I do. May be switching back to 9.04 or moving to Red-Hat, I don't
> > know.
> >

> You have 18 packages that are not being upgraded; that indicates that
> the upgrade was incomplete. Can you provide the output of:
>
> $ sudo apt-get upgrade

Hi,

Here is the output

blackhole:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
[sudo] password for csverma:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  bind9-host dnsutils libbind9-50 libdns50 libgssapi-krb5-2 libgssrpc4
  libisc50 libisccc50 libisccfg50 libk5crypto3 libkadm5srv6 libkrb5-3
  libkrb5-dev libkrb5support0 liblwres50 linux-generic linux-headers-generic
  linux-image-generic