postfix/master master.lock: permission denied

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Wed Sep 9 02:14:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 21:03 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
> I just installed fetchmail/postfix/dovecot (not the postfix-dovecot setup) and
> I have the error:
>
> postfix/master[9595]: fatal: open lock file
> /var/lib/postfix/master.lock: cannot open file: Permission denied.
>
> master.lock owner is Dovecot with -rw------ permissions.
>
> I dont have this on my old system so I dont know what this is.

Sorry, I never used dovecot, so I can't comment on that.
Which user id is postfix/master running under?  Also, iirc
most postfix processes run in a chroot environment.

Regs
  Siggy
--
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org+
|37 days until|bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de|