Wireless - WPA2 - CANT CONNECT

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 8 20:28:20 UTC 2009

Michael Comperchio wrote:
> Robert Holtzman wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 10:10:39PM -0300, Tiago V. Pereira wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, Ubuntulisters
>>>
>>> I have finally figured out a way to install my wireless connection under
>>> Ubuntu 9.04. Thanks for the tips.
>>>
>>> However, I cannot connect to WPA2.
>>>
>>> Interestingly, I can connect to unsecured connections without problems.
>>> Wired (cable) connections also work beautiful.
>>>

>> That is exactly the problem I have been beating my head against for
>> a couple of months with no success. If you get it solved *please post
>> the solution.
>>

> I have that problem with KDE, but Gnome network manager connects
> fine.... so, begs the next question: The only app I really want from KDE
> is basKet, I like ms OneNote, and basKet fits that little niche nicely
> for me. Right now I just run basKet on the Gnome desktop, and am
> wondering how much of a performance hit I'm taking loading the KDE stuff
> as well as the Gnome stuff for that one app?
>
> Michael

I can't comment on the performance hit as I have no idea.  However, I
think you will find that any KDE or Gnome app will run just fine on the
other desktop.  Although, some kde or gnome apps may bring the desktop
back in as a depends.  You can try just removing the kubuntu.desktop
from your system and measure the performance change the way you wish.
Personally, I run both desktops and don't notice any performance issues
but have a fairly new dual core machine.  My old Dell Dimensions PIII
machine runs slow no matter what which is why I bought a newer machine.
YMMV, but it wont hurt to try except for maybe having to install a bunch
of programs again.