New HD in laptop

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Sun Sep 6 15:07:19 UTC 2009

Hello

you can use clonzilla http://clonezilla.org/ or any other disk cloning tool
If you can connect the old and the new disk to your computer, clone the old one directly to the new one,
if not, clone the old disk to the network, put the new disk in the computer & clone the image from the network to the new disk.

There other methods like using dd, but I am less familiar with them

good luck

Shahar