gnuplot axis label

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Thu Sep 3 10:58:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 11:46 +0200, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi ubuntu-users,
>
> This is perhaps not the correct list, but I have a question related to
> gnuplot.
>
> I plot UTM coordinates and am unable to get the correct formatti,ng for
> the east and north coordinate. I should be able to print up to cm-level,
> meaning a coordinate could be 31N 595787.73 5628222.08 for my case. What
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^
This indicates you want more than 9 digits of precision, hence I assume
you make sure gnuplot uses doubles instead of floats.

> I get out of the plot is
>
> 595787
> 5.62822e+6
>
> If I specify a format of %.2f for the labels, than it is much too large
> (overlapping labels on east axis and very long formats on north axis)
> and the plot becomes small.
>
> Any suggestion is welcome.

What excatly do you see on the N axis with %.2f and %9.2f?
You might also want to publish the URL of a screenshot.

Regs
  Siggy
--
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org+
|43 days until|bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de|