Using a kernel module from old Linux kernel in a new Linux kernel

Rune Svendsen runesvend at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:48:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 11:28 -0400, Rashkae wrote:
> Rune Svendsen wrote:
>

> Ah well, I would set the gain to as close to 0 as you can get -2 wasn't
> it? and file a bug report.

Cool, I'll do that. I actually got it set to exactly 0 with a little
fiddling (pressing '4' to set the volume to 40 (which corresponds to a
-25 dB gain) and the pressing the Up button (which increases the dB gain
in 5 dB increments) until the gain reaches 0 dB)).

Just to be sure, the behaviour I should report as a bug is that, at
volume level 100, the dB gain is +128 dB, right?