Karmic Beta version

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:04:41 UTC 2009

David Fox wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>        The new Beta version should become available to download but
>> I can't find the proper web page to get it. I am closest to
>
> If you've already installed an alpha version, why not aptitude update
> & aptitude upgrade? Karmic is changing so frequently that only the
> CD's are snapshots, and are good for live cd testing, but if you're
> actually going to try the thing (I am on the laptop) one has to update
> nearly every day.
>

>> 73 Karl

	The Alfa versions I have worked with have the usual problems
and some new ones. I like the new versions install to write a
grub that allows me to switch back and forth. I recall 9.04
had some serious flaws that were worked out with updates. But
I went back to 8.04 often to just enjoy a system I knew that
worked.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI