Experience with Mac's BootCamp anyone?

Steven Susbauer stupendoussteve at me.com
Tue Sep 29 12:17:24 UTC 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 6:26 PM, Mark C. Miller wrote:

> The school I teach at is replacing my computer lab with Macs with
> BootCamp.  I've already discovered that BootCamp will only run Vista
> (not
> sure about Windows 7, but definitely not XP.
>
> So I'm going to have a choice when I power the computer up between
> windows and Mac OS X.  You'll notice what's missing from this puzzle?
> Ubuntu!
>
> I'd like to know if Wubi will install under Windows when BootCamp is
> used.  Even better, can BootCamp handle OS X, Windows and Ubuntu as
> three
> separate OSs?
>
> I can't find much on the web about BootCamp and Ubuntu other than a
> couple of articles that said you could use instead of Windows.
>
> Replies from folks with experience or better search skills are much
> appreciated.
>
> mcm
>

> --
> Mark C. Miller

BootCamp runs Windows XP just fine. You of course have to install the
drivers off the OS X DVD once it is installed, as the directions say.

You may have some luck at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MactelSupportTeam/AppleIntelInstallation#Mac%20OSX,%20Vista,%20and%20Ubuntu
  (since you said you're using Vista) though it appears it is being
revised.